Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Vineland Estates Winery Ltd. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disability and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Support persons will not be charged for tours, but will be charged accordingly for any other products or services they choose to purchase (ie. A meal in the Restaurant, a Tasting, etc.). We will notify persons of this through a notice posted on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities (accessible washroom facilities, access ramps), Vineland Estates Winery will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed near the entrance to the wineshop and the entrance to the restaurant, but in an area prior to attempting to access the facility, as well as on our website.
Training for Staff
Vineland Estates Winery will provide training to employees who deal with the public, specifically wineshop staff, restaurant staff, sales/order entry staff and managers who oversee these business units. The training will be provided to staff within three months of hire.
Training will include:
• An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
• Vineland Estates Winery’s plan related to the customer service standard.
• How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
• How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device and require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
• Restaurant personnel will be trained on how to use and/or access the temporary entrance ramp to the restaurant, and the accessible washroom facilities located in the wineshop.
• Retail personnel will be trained on how to modify group tours to accommodate persons with disabilities where normally a tour would access an area that is not wheelchair accessible.
• What to do if a person with disability is having difficulty in accessing Vineland Estates Winery’s goods and services.
• Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Vineland Estates Winery provides goods and services with disabilities can email, write or verbally relay feedback. Feedback will be directed to the HR Department. Customers can expect to hear back in 48 hours, except in the event the person responsible for responding to feedback is on leave, in which case the customer can expect to hear back 48 hours after that staff member’s return to work.
Feedback Contact Information:
Phone: 905-562-7088 x 14
Mail: Attn: HR Dept., Vineland Estates Winery, 3620 Moyer Road, Vineland, ON L0R 2C0
Modifications to this or other Policies
Any policy of Vineland Estates Winery that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.